Welcome to Sandy Hook Elementary School,
2014-2015 Open House
SHES Open House for ALL GRADES will be held on Wednesday, August 27th from 1 pm to 7 pm.
2014-2015 Supply List
Click the link below to view the supply list. This is a generic list, please check your teacher letter that was sent at the end of the year with the report card for a more specific list.
SUPPLY LIST Link
Our Mission at Sandy Hook Elementary School
The Mission of Sandy Hook Elementary School is to prepare each student for the future and for life long learning.
Our Philosophy at Sandy Hook Elementary School
We envision Sandy Hook Elementary as part of the larger community where all members of the learning communities will collaborate to provide quality educational programs which will enable all students to make continuous progress.
Division-Wide Belief Statements
Great communities come from great schools; therefore, we believe.....
- All decisions are based on the best interest of our students.
- Meaningful learning occurs only in the presence of meaningful relationships.
- Measures of success are unique and individualized for each learner.
- Continuous growth and improvement is expected for everyone.
- Problem solving is an essential skill.
- An atmosphere of respect must exist.
- The education of our children is an investment of time, labor, and resources in our future.