Welcome to Sandy Hook Elementary School,
"Be Safe, Be Responsible, Be Respectful, Be a Ram!"
"Rock the Test!" Family Night
Wed, April 22 at 6:30
For 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students and their parents
Come learn ways to help your child do his/her best on the upcoming SOL tests and take a look at the types of questions on the tests.
Free "Rock Star" giveaways and snacks will be provided!
Look for information to come home and RSVP to ensure we have enough goodies for all who attend!
Fifth Grade Musical
Thurs. April 30th
Tickets are $3 a person
Click here to see the event flyer.
2014-2015 Instructional Calendar
Our Mission at Sandy Hook Elementary School
The Mission of Sandy Hook Elementary School is to prepare each student for the future and for life long learning.
Our Philosophy at Sandy Hook Elementary School
We envision Sandy Hook Elementary as part of the larger community where all members of the learning communities will collaborate to provide quality educational programs which will enable all students to make continuous progress.
Division-Wide Belief Statements
Great communities come from great schools; therefore, we believe.....
- All decisions are based on the best interest of our students.
- Meaningful learning occurs only in the presence of meaningful relationships.
- Measures of success are unique and individualized for each learner.
- Continuous growth and improvement is expected for everyone.
- Problem solving is an essential skill.
- An atmosphere of respect must exist.
- The education of our children is an investment of time, labor, and resources in our future.