Welcome to Sandy Hook Elementary School,
"Be Safe, Be Responsible, Be Respectful,
Be a Ram!"
October is Anti-Bullying Month
Wed. Oct. 12 - Combat Bullying with Kindness (Wear Camouflage)
Fri. Oct. 14 - Don't sweat it, Say NO to bullies! (Wear a sweatshirt)
Wed. Oct. 19 - Wear Orange for World Unity Day
Fri. Oct. 21 - I'm too bright to be a bully! (Wear neon)
Wed. Oct. 26 - Together we have the power to be bully free! (Wear your favorite superhero shirt)
Fri. Oct. 28 - Say BOO to bullies! (Wear orange and black - no costumes please)
School Picture Day
Look for information in your child's take home folder closer to the date.
October Read In
October Clothes Share
We will gather the clothing in the library
beginning October 31st until the end of the day Friday, November 4th.
We will host the event on the
day and evening of the Fall Parent Teacher Conferences, Monday, November 7th.
Click here for more information
2016-2017 Generic Supply List
2016-2017 Instructional Calendar
Ice Cream Schedule
Our Mission at Sandy Hook Elementary School
The Mission of Sandy Hook Elementary School is to prepare each student for the future and for life-long learning.
Our Philosophy at Sandy Hook Elementary School
We envision Sandy Hook Elementary as part of the larger community where all members of the learning communities will collaborate to provide quality educational programs which will enable all students to make continuous progress.
Division-Wide Belief Statements
Great communities come from great schools; therefore, we believe.....
- All decisions are based on the best interest of our students.
- Meaningful learning occurs only in the presence of meaningful relationships.
- Measures of success are unique and individualized for each learner.
- Continuous growth and improvement is expected for everyone.
- Problem-solving is an essential skill.
- An atmosphere of respect must exist.
- The education of our children is an investment of time, labor, and resources in our future.